Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Friday, October 07, 2022

L--is for Long Time Coming!

Long ago, as in April of 2006, I decided to start this hodgepodge blog. Looking back on it, I see that my first post had a comment total of one--from a dear friend from high school and college days. We have only been able to see each other a handful of times since college graduation, and she and her husband had only been to our house once. But, last week they made a trip back to Kansas and routed their travels so they could visit overnight! It was SO good to see them and catch up a bit in real time, as opposed to just through social media (though that also has its place.)

What a blessing it is to have friends with shared memories and shared values that time and distance can't separate!

Hopefully our paths will be able to cross again sooner rather than later.

(I plan to share more about the bear in the next post, which hopefully will not be such a long time coming!)

6 comments:

  1. Hello from a first time visitor who wanted to stop in to thank you for your visit to my blog. It is wonderful that you and your friend were able to meet up in person. I have a similar friend from high school days who now lives in PA and we were able to visit recently. I will have to check back to find out about the bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Beatrice, and please do return!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the microwaved scrambled eggs tip I tried it this morning, good!

    ReplyDelete