Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Picnic in a Forest

It's a picnic in a forest – a Scribble Picnic that is! Thought I'd play with some watercolors this time. You can take a hike into other forests here.

Other painting I did today involved latex paint. Helped our youngest daughter paint a bedroom in anticipation of a new family member in February! What color? A nice neutral green!

(Note to Andrea if you stop by:  I've left comments on your last several posts, but nothing shows up.  If you go to "Settings" then "Posts, comments and sharing" maybe something was accidentally selected that prevents comments from getting to your posts. Or maybe your notification email address has changed? Might be worth checking anyway.)

15 comments:

  1. Joeks,

    Love the warm, earthy colors of your forest! Thanks for sharing!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nice to have you visit, Cathy.

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty. I love the muted colors and see the path there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Don't get lost going down the path!

      Delete
  3. I like how almost abstract the the water colors makes this. funny, but I actually see someone in profile holding a wand in one of the trees? that's probably just me, but the way the water colors are, it just makes you see things. lovely piece for scribble picnic.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never know what you'll see in a forest I guess.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. OH this is lovely, Jolene! Nice muted colours too. I'm thinking fairies live there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena!
      I didn't spend a lot of time with this, so didn't even try to brighten it up any.

      Delete
  5. Latex paint? Wow! This is pretty cool! I hope the move went well with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks, but the painting is watercolor! Latex paint went on bedroom walls for when our next grandbaby arrives! :-)

      Delete
  6. Wow, Jolene, this is amazing and especially for latex paint! Whoa! In fact, i'd say this is the most expressive piece you;ve done yet. I love watching your talents grow. Fabulous piece here. Thank you so much for adding to our "first week!" glad you managed to get it up on the sign up too. Phew. :)
    BTW, YES, all your comments you've added to the picnics are up now. Some of them went to "moderation" mode as I have that set up for anything older than a few days or I'm afraid I'll miss it! :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I didn't make myself clear... this painting is watercolor on paper! :-) The latex paint was just for painting plain bedroom walls.

      But thank you for your kind words. If there's improvement, you get partial credit for encouraging the efforts each week or so!

      My goal is to be first to link one of these times! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Jolene, that is a beautiful watercolour! I love it!!! :) Oh, and I conquer with your note to Andrea. I've left lots of messages and they don't seem to be getting through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rain, that's nice to hear (read), from you who does so well with watercolors!
      Yes, I do hope Andrea doesn't get discouraged and gets her comment section straightened out.

      Delete