Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Double Bubble Double Trouble

     Do you remember chewing pink bubble gum and making those fantastic bubbles? It was even more fun if your brother or a friend was doing so at the same time. Then the challenge began... who could blow the biggest bubble? Of course, eventually, someone's huge bubble would reach the bursting point with a sudden jolt! Somehow it wasn't nearly as much fun when you had to peel it off your face!

     We usually went with Bazooka gum, since from 1953–2011 it included a Bazooka Joe comic strip! The other brand of choice was Dubble Bubble. Now that spelling of double bothers me, but I probably didn't even notice as a kid. 


     Double your fun by going here, where others are also linking up with Scribble Picnic for this week's "Jolt" or "Double" theme.

15 comments:

  1. This is such a fun take on 'double'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double your fun...love that, Jolene, and super fun interpretation for the prompt. Clever and cute. Thanks you so much for getting us all going on this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOUBLE BUBBLE...lol...When I ate the Bazooka Joe's I usually felt like my teeth would break lol! Happy Halloween Jolene! Great scribble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I too remember Bazooka Joe gum as being quite hard to chew! Thanks.

      Delete
  4. OH yes, a familiar memory of mine too. Love how you illustrated it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never blow a big bubble, mine is always quite small so I wouldn't win in an of these contests.

    cute drawing for the sp theme.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great take on double - I never could blow bubbles either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember those days ... Dubble Bubble and Bazooka. But I lived close to a small dairy store and they had bubblegum cigars that were awesome. I wonder if they still make those. Peeling bubble gum off my face was not an issue but if my bubble was big enough it would get in my hair ... that was bad. And my mother had to get involved in the clean up which didn't make her happy either. Such fun memories ... Thank you, Jolene.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten about the bubblegum cigars!

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, bubble gum blowing contests with friends - both fun and a mess, but we didn't seem to care about that back then. Great take!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right–we still kept trying!
      Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Jolene,

    I loved chewing bubble gum as a kid and still do! I wouldn't turn down any brand. I remember very well 'Double Bubble'. You can still buy it. :) It makes really nice big bubbles! Excellent job with your imaginative sketch with the challenge. I'm sorry for the late visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped chewing gum years ago when I realized it contributed to pain in my jaw.

      Thank you, and nice to have you visit! (No problem being "late" as I'm also "late" getting back here to reply to everyone!)

      Delete