Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Spring Storm

     So often storms bring the threat of heavy winds, hail, or even tornadoes. But sometimes a storm is just a brief passing of some wind and rain. That's what we like to see and are grateful for... rain to sustain the crops and pastures with no significant damage.

     Life is that way, too, isn't it? We go through stormy times that threaten to undo us, but other times our "troubles" are short-lived and really of no consequence. Praying that your life's storms are mostly of the latter variety!

     Linking my watercolor pencil storm with Michael's Scribble Picnic. Check out this page to see other storms that may have threatened to cancel the picnic!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely spring storm it doesn't look too harmful! Thanks for your warm wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right–no harm done with this one! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jolene :) Firstly, that watercolor pencil is GREAT!!! I can feel the wind!!! :)

    What you wrote about storms and troubles really got to me, in a good way :) I actually got a little watery eyed! My life has been so up and down and very stormy at times. I felt many times that life would "undo" me as you say. My gosh you wrote that so eloquently, thank you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! And I'm glad the words could speak to you.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful wish and you've certainly captured the stormy effect. It's a wonder that our ancestors knew the signs of impending storms without the help of weathermen. Too bad we don't have that kind of radar about life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so sure we'd want to know about the "life storms" that are ahead of us, though, unless there was something we could do about them.

      Delete
  4. I prefer the milder storms too...nice take on the prompt, Jolene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jolene, great job here and lovely seeing a Spring Storm! Everything you say is so true too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely thoughts and your picture captures the wind perfectly. In return, I hope you have very few and all manageable storms in your life ... we shouldn't avoid life's storms because the lessons learned from them can take us to a better place. Have a wonderful few weeks off, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea!
      I agree–we certainly learn from the troubles we go through. And they can certainly draw us closer to God.
      My "few weeks" off seem to have stretched out, missing last week and again today (which is right in the middle of VBS week!)

      Delete