Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

In Awe

     I've always loved to look up at the night sky, so clear and crisp and unfathomable. The moon with its predictable pattern, and, so amazingly, even the unending stars stretching out over the universe are set in their places, as they have been for thousands of years. Amazing! What an awesome God to have made this! But even more amazing is that in the midst of all this he reaches down to me, and to you, with such individual love.


Linking with Scribble Picnic. Fly "Across the Universe" here to see how others have been inspired by this week's topic.

Psalm 8 New International Version (NIV)

Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their feet:
all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.

Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful spiritual take on the theme, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Christine :) Lovely! :) Faith and awe is a very passionate part of us and I wouldn't be anywhere without mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rain! :-) I couldn't do anything without my faith.

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely Psalm and way of sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammie-it's one of my favorite Psalms.

      Delete
  5. The God of the Universe. How those scriptures tell it all. This is a wonderful testimony of God's magnificent creation. I was reading this morning in Job, where God is asking the questions....all about his fabulous creation. Thanks so much for your good art work, but mostly thank you for the Testimony it brings. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to make it a point to read Job again soon. Hugs right back, dear Wanda!

      Delete
  6. Jolene, what a perfect verse to illustrate this theme for the week. Thank you. I am reminded of C.S. Lewis' discussion of someone admiring the makings of an intricate watch, working so well its various parts and now one woudl dare suggest it was somehow jsut randomly thrown together! Clearly there is a desing and function to it. And thus a maker to the design. :)
    Sorry it's taken me so long to hop back to the picnic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael. The intricate watch analogy is a good one!
      No problem... don't know how how you keep up with it all as it is!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful painting, Jolene!! Hope you've had a lovely week/weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! It was a nice weekend with family and friends as we celebrated my husband's birthday!

      Delete