Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Quilts - a sketch and a barn quilt

I've always thought it would be fun to piece together a quilt, but so far that hasn't happened in my life, though I've made plenty of crocheted afghans, and appreciate having quilts like the one you may have already seen here made by my grandmother.

I drew this colored pencil Cat Quilt sample, but take no credit for the idea for it, as it's completely influenced by the actual quilt you can see here.

Now, if we're talking Barn Quilts, I have painted one of those! It hangs on our barn. "Cross and Crown" is the name of the pattern.

Linking with Scribble Picnic. Go here to see what others have stitched up this week.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene :) Your sketch is cute! I too have always wanted to put a quilt together...so far it hasn't happened, but I hope I will find time one day to add that to my hobbies! :) Your barn quilt is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! Wouldn't it be wonderful to have time for all the great hobby options out there?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful barn quilt and a lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I really enjoyed doing the barn quilt.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sketch and painted barn quilt, Jolene! As an afterthought, I added a pic of the one and only quilt I have ever sewn, by machine, if you are interested in checking it out. It was for my first Grandchild's cot. :)

    Such a pity that they stopped making the birth plaques by the time your third child came along. They do make a lovely keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Serena! I did go back and see the quilt you made... Love it! Great colors and pattern.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for checking it out, Jolene...glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your Grandmother's quilt. I have at least two of that type made up of old clothing and even table cloths :) I also love the idea of the cat quilt ... I have cats who would love it as well and your barn quilt, even as a painting, is beautiful. You were full of quilt ideas this week, Jolene. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barn quilts is such a good idea and I love seeing that. Wow. so great! Also, the cat one is cute and well rendered, even if a copy which I'm glad you gave note of. It's funny you've crocheted afghans of all things but not made a quilt before.

    I only recently got my first quilt from one Alexandra picked up when we wer ein England for those 4 months. we use it every winter and it;s very pretty English style so love that too.

    Well done on the theme this week. Love it. Oh, and your grandmother's, is so amazing. What a treasure. i remember it from that last time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barn quilts are all the rage around here lately, and I sure did enjoy doing this one.
      Not quite sure why I haven't made a quilt. Guess it always seems like too big of a project to add to my "list" of projects to do!
      Glad you have a nice, warm quilt for your Colorado winters!

      Delete