Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Scribble Picnic–Ladder

I keep thinking I'll get something posted between Scribble Picnic Wednesdays, then here it is time again to finish up a new sketch and get it posted. So, before I do that, here's a follow-up on the previous post. You'll be glad to know that it appears that "Little Bunny Foo Foo" has repented of his bad behavior and has been given another chance at being a good hare. I caught him hanging out in our yard this evening, looking quite contrite among our dandelions. (Oh dear, but those do need some serious attention!) No field mice in any apparent danger!

On to the picnic, where we've been thinking about ladders. My first thought was about a "ladder of life," but no, none of us know how tall or short that ladder would be. Maybe a ladder that goes on and on and on...., kind of like the never-ending to-do list that most of us have, but no, too depressing and how would I show that? Or maybe a crazy one that goes up, then over, then slants up, then..., but no, a bit too complicated. Ladders, hmmm... I've certainly been on my fair share of them. Sometimes to change lightbulbs, sometimes to try to clean accumulated grunge from ceilings, many times to hang wallpaper or borders, and numerous times to paint walls and ceilings! So here you have it. A rendition of the trusty folding stepladder, ready to hold a bucket of paint and a painter to add some color to that plain, white wall!


To view more ladders climb on over HERE!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Jolene, I so enjoyed your marvelous write up for this piece, everything from that rabbit saga to the mental journey of landing on THIS ladder...so to speak! :) Well done. Very nicely drawn too with good perspective with the spaces between teh runs getting less as the ladder goes off into distnace, away from viewer, as it were. I also relaly like the angle of the wood floor, juxtaposed to the angle of the ladder. Great! :)

    Finally, one more thing: I so had to nod along with you about the intent to post somethng between our picnics and running out of time. I do that all the time too! Ha.

    Thank you so much for joining the picnic this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael! Always glad to join the picnic. It was just the motivation I needed to start drawing again!

      Delete
  2. I think every home needs such a ladder but I'm afraid of heights so I rarely use them but your ladder drawings looks safe and useful.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ladders are certainly useful, Lissa. I always try to be super cautious when on one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see how we find our inspiration for a theme. They seem to tumble around our thoughts and real life until one of them sticks.

    Your ladder sketch is nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie! It does usually take me a while to decide what to draw. Now I need to start mulling over "trees".

      Delete
  5. I love what Tammie said above....discovering what inspired each of us in coming up with our themes. So true. I enjoyed hearing that the little bunny redeemed himself. LOL Great ladder. I like the touch of green on it and the cloth below. Reminds me of how I repainted the living room in my old house....um....5 times before I landed on the color I liked! haha Very true. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra! Umm.. I do wonder about the green you mentioned. I only used gray (for the metal pieces and drop cloth) and brown! I actually thought about adding a bucket of green paint with a sample painted on the wall. :-)
      I agonize over choosing a paint color too, but once it's on the wall, that's it!

      Delete
  6. Great ideas Tammie and your final one is well done. Now are you going to paint with that ladder? And I can't believe that Alexandra would paint something 5 times. My husband would shoot me. I have to decide on something, then that's it - no changes allowed.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janis! Haven't had the ladder out for painting in a long time–though there are certainly plenty of walls in this house that could use that attention!

      Delete
  7. You're funny - "climb over here"! One would think a ladder would be easy, it's all up and down. But it's not. You've done a great job giving this ladder life right down to the wood grain. I like that you have a dropcloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Lorraine! I really should have added some paint splatters to the ladder and old drop cloth, but ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice work on this ladder piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use one exactly like this - safer than the leaning ladders for higher climbs! Nice piece - and it reminds me of some touch up painting required today. Still renovating a small bathroom and the new paint got scratched this week - so I must get the ladder out of storage!

    Happy weekend - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Yes, it just makes me cringe when my husband uses a leaning one outside, though thankfully he now has one with a much more stable base. Hope you were able to get the touch up done without too much trouble!

      Delete