Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Tiny Bottles

     
     Over the years I've come across a handful of small bottles that caught my eye. Some were found half buried, for who knows how long, in the ground around our farm house. Some just showed up in our belongings, perhaps from our parents' things, or again–who knows? I know the original contents of a few, but not all. There's a newer bottle that held liquid garlic; one was probably aspirin tablets; another still has some powder that looks like foundation; and the little one on the left was for Sweet Oil "For Earache". I don't know what the chipped and cracked bottle with the star on it is. But when drawing it for Scribble Picnic's bottle theme, and looking at it more closely, it looks like it might have the letters VRM in the center of it.
     I was too late to link at the picnic last time, but if you care to check out the chicken scribble I posted it's at this link.  See what others at the picnic have poured onto their drawing paper this week here.

16 comments:

  1. I like how old bottles look. vrm? very rude mustache? sorry, don't know why I think that. cute drawing.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice drawing Jolene :) The old bottles are really cool. I wouldn't know what VRM may stand for, it kind of looks like an old perfume bottle though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! I kind of thought it might be a perfume bottle too.

      Delete
  3. OH, what an interesting collection of bottles! Nice take on the theme, Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all just looked like they needed a reprieve! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love this. Great collection on the above pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool collection of bottles and I love your drawing. It would be very interesting to know what those markings were for. You've reminded me of some of the little bottles that we've found on our property in an area that they must have used for a dump of sorts. After a heavy rain we sometimes find more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! I'll post if I ever find out. Apparently there are people who specifically search for old dump sites to dig through.

      Delete
  6. I too love old bottles. I have had many over the years, mostly old perfume bottles or apothecary. Love your bottle with the star and am curious now as to what was in it. If you ever find out, would you share it with us? :) Nicely done, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. I think some of my family thinks I'm rather silly to save them! Yes, I'll post if I learn anything. Thanks, Andrea!

      Delete
  7. Lovely take on the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm sorry, Jolene, looks like I missed some people from the bottles challenge so ahve gone back to ensure I visited everyone...including you!
    I love your little bottle and the collection. That is such an interesting mark...seems like it must have a hidden or long forgotten extra story to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be sure to share if I ever find out anything more about the bottle!

    ReplyDelete