Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Strawberry, anyone?


Strawberries are one of my favorite things we grow in our garden. I was just out there pulling weeds earlier this week and saw some little green berries just starting to form. Hooray! Before we know it they'll be large and red, destined for topping a bowl of ice cream or shortcake, or going into a pie, or going into the freezer to be enjoyed throughout the coming year!

Linking with Michael's Scribble Picnic. Check out this page for more fresh-picked strawberries!

Thanks to Sketch Dirt for guiding me through this drawing with her great instructional video.

7 comments:

  1. That's really good Jolene!! I love the black and white. :) Oh, I love strawberries too. We can't get any sweet ones unless they are local. But this year, I'm going to see if I can grow some of my own too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! I've ventured out into more colored pencil or watercolor pencil drawings, but so far think I still actually prefer doing black and white.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful job on the strawberry, Jolene! Enjoy the strawberries yet to come in your garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena! Trust me, I plan to do just that!

      Delete
  3. Oh you have grand plans for your strawberries ... me, they would be lucky to make it into the house once picked. But on ice cream or short cake Yummm ... my mouth waters just thinking of it. There are many wonderful things about summer and strawberries are certainly among them. Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the strawberries are ready, we know summer is really here!
      Hope you had a nice Mother's Day also!

      Delete
  4. This is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete