Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Yep, It's a Tablecloth

     Today's activities included hosting a few ladies for our monthly gathering of Friendship Club. It's a club that has been around since the 1930s, when my husband's grandmother was one of the original members. Many ladies have been part of it over the years, but there are very few of us in the group now. We always try to have a comforter or quilt made and ready to give in case we know of someone who has had a fire or something. Fortunately that doesn't happen too often. At our meetings we visit, send cards to people who are sick, plan occasional outings, play some simple games, and of course have something tasty to eat! This afternoon I served a Cinnamon Roll Cake that turned out quite tasty!
     At the end of the day I realized the Scribble Picnic deadline had arrived again, so I pulled out my trusty pencils and focused on trying to make a sketch that actually looked like a tablecloth. Went over the original pencil sketch with a water color pencil, then pulled out the Aquash water brush (thanks, Michael!) to see how that would change it. My mind didn't take me on any creative journeys, so it's just a tablecloth this time. You can go here to see how others covered the Tablecloth theme.
     Ah, I should have used a tablecloth for our Club lunch this afternoon. Maybe next time!

19 comments:

  1. This theme really played with my head! haha...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tablecloth, beautiful blue and great job on the folds of the material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It's kind of fun seeing the folds appear with just a little bit of shading!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jolene :) I love the idea of the friendship club, how nice! That cinnamon roll cake looks very easy to make, me thinks me might try it! :) Is it sweet enough? Sometimes I find the cinnamon too overwhelming. And your table cloth is lovely!! :) I just looked up the Aquash water brush, I think I'm going to order some next time I need something from Amazon! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Rain, I would say the cake is sweet enough. (I just went and had another taste to make sure!) I was afraid it might be dry, but it's not; and it's very simple to make.
    The brush was part of the prize package I won awhile back. Sure do like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL So sorry to have made you taste it again ;) Thanks! I'm going to make that cake this weekend I think! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Joeks, you made a simple tablecloth look so inviting here - I want to set the table with gleaming flatware, pretty napkins and my favorite white china, perhaps a centerpiece of fresh flowers - then bring on the yummy foods!

    Happy day - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary, I would love for you to "pretty up" the table!

      Delete
  6. Well, your club lunch is a wonderful thing with or without the tablecloth ... and you did manage to draw/paint a tablecloth so you are all good. I give a lot to the homeless in my area, but I do it on my own. I have moved so many times that my "club friends" are too far away to hang out with. My mother was a giver and she passed it on to me. That is a good way to find joy in a world that is all too harsh. Good on you Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can never do too many kindnesses. Apparently back when the club began, the ladies would help the hostess with a project she was working on... canning, quilting, or whatever.

      Delete
  7. Hi Jolene :) I made the cake!!! We really liked it, though I think next time we might do a "poke" cake...make a bunch of holes in it so the yummy frosting can seep all the way down! Thank you so much for posting that recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Rain! Sounds like a good idea to let the drizzle run all the way down into the cake!

      Delete
  8. Your tablecloth is beautiful - such a pretty shade of blue. You got all those lovely folds and draping perfectly. Sounds like a wonderful group to be part of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine!
      We've all been good friends for a long time, and always enjoy getting together. Just wish there were more around who would be interested in joining with us.

      Delete
  9. It's a very lovely tablecloth, and perfect for a women's luncheon. I like the blue and if it were filled with food, I would stay longer...haha. Just kidding...it's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda. Wish you could join us for our meetings. Trust me, there's always plenty of good food served! :-)

      Delete
  10. Huh, I thought I had already commented here but apparently not! Sorry Jolene! Please let me know next time, if that shoudl happen as I want to visit each person for our picnics.
    As it is, this is perfectly apt and the colour blend looks great--SO glad you are using that brush. how are you liking it? Alex loves hers! :)

    Your friendship group is fabulous. So great what you;ve done through it. Keep it up.

    Thanks for the entry, even if up to the wire. I'll know to check back on Spicy ...just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you made it here! I'm really liking the brush. It's fun learning to use the watercolors with it! Yes, please check back each week... I'm definitely a deadline person!

      Delete