Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Cold... Hot!

After several weeks away, I'm hoping to get back into a posting routine here. Christmas was rather extended for us this season, with the immediate family not being able to gather until Jan. 7. We're just glad that everyone could be together then!


I know we were due for some COLD weather, which has definitely arrived, but I still don't like it. Brrr! Guess I'll have to keep busy using up the hot chocolate mixes I received as a gift. Yummm!


New year–fresh start. For those of you who participate in Scribble Picnic, I have visited and caught up with your blogs. But in the interest of doing that, I had to forego taking time to leave comments. Please know that I thoroughly enjoyed all the interesting activities, thoughts, and art projects that you shared over the past month or so!

Linking with Scribble Picnic. Fill your cup with more "hot chocolate" here.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Jolene! :) Very nice scribble! I see you are a marshmallow fan? :) Cookies too. Now that is COMFORT on a cold winter day! Glad to see your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take them or leave them in hot chocolate... but the marshmallows had to be in the drawing so my pencil drawing didn't look like coffee or tea or cider!

      Delete
  2. Love your hot chocolate piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm Jolene! Love your art - especially with the snowman outside the window.
    Glad you're back - belated happy new year.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice sketch for the prompt, Jo! It sounds like you've been quite busy of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena! Probably no more busy than everyone else really.

      Delete
  5. Well, I just typed a comment..and poof..lost it. Will try again. I know holidays can get extended....but welcome back. Your pencil sketch is really nice, and I noticed the cookies hiding in the corner. Save me one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it annoying when comments do that?
      I'll be glad to save you a cookie, or even bake a fresh batch for you!

      Delete
  6. the calendar, the snow man and that yummy hot chocolate,, thats winter to me!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to have you back Jolene. Looks like a yummy cup of hot chocolate there. Enjoy those mixes - perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it's certainly the time to be enjoying hot chocolate!

      Delete
  8. Aw, well thank you for the visits, Jolene and great to have you here today. Your piece shows you are ready to use that gift. Great! Thank you and looking forward to having you on the next go around too perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Michael, and thanks!

      Delete
  9. It has been so cold here that we didn't dare go out to enjoy the snow and build a snowman ... but we sure had time for hot chocolate, the perfect winter drink. Love your picture and glad you were able to have your family get-together. Christmas is all about family at my house too. Glad to have you back, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snowman building for me this year, either!
      Yes, Christmas needs family, no matter what the date of celebration. Thanks!

      Delete
  10. Those holidays can stretch out for the longest. It is not like me to still have Christmas stuff out but I have two wreaths still on my upstair windows! That is actually a easy fix, I just need to fold my windows in and grab them but I never think about it till I pull in the drive and see them....entering the house, I have forgotten! haha...Don't you just love these themed weeks over at Scribble Picnic? I had a hard time this week coming up with something. Welcome back and thanks for stopping at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was probably a record for us, as we started decorating earlier than usual, and left it up much longer than usual. Oh I do know what you mean about out of sight, out of mind–do that all the time!

      Delete