Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, December 07, 2017

A Nod to Sweden

With this week's Scribble Picnic theme being "Finland/Scandinavian" I hardly dared to not join in and give a nod to the Swedish heritage and community I married into almost thirty-five years ago! Rendered rather hastily with colored pencil... a Swedish flag, Santa Lucia, and a Dala Horse. Sorry to not take time to expound on them, but the links should provide some basic information if you're not familiar with them. I elected not to draw any lutefisk–you're welcome!
Visst, you can sail on over here to see what the theme inspired others to share.
Had to squeeze in one of the few Swedish words I know-certainly! :-)

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful symbols of Sweden that you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I am going to have to find out what lutefisk is ... learn something new for this day. I think your choices are perfect for this prompt. I especially like the dala ... Nicely done, Jolene :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet drawings of their symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice sketches. My BIL would love your little symbols. My lifelong friend Kris, is Swedish. I love their customs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for not drawing the lutefisk - that's does not sound like something I like to see. the drawings are perfect for the theme though I really do not know much about finland.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lissa! and thanks!
      I didn't know much about Sweden either, before marrying into this community.

      Delete
  6. These are lovely symbols of Sweden - I too showcased the Dala horse and it's special history.
    Love your St. Lucia - always such a beautiful lady, and the flag always clean and neat looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Thanks for sharing the Dala horse info. Your white and gold one is gorgeous!

      Delete
  7. St. Lucia celebrations always seem so magical this time of year as depicted by various Christmassey magazine, so am glad you showed that..along with the Dala horse! I've seen those too but until now did not appreciate teir history as much so the thanks for the link. Marrying into A Swedish heritage would be grand, I'd think. I so love their design aesthetic. Great choices and job with a lovely write up too. Thank you so much, Jolene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our neighbors always has a St. Lucia Day gathering at her house.
      Thanks for the visit, Michael!

      Delete
  8. I love finding out about the customs of other countries particularly at this time of the year. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure can be interesting. You're welcome!

      Delete