Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Timeless Toy

It's so easy to get out of a routine if you miss a week or two. At any rate, it's good to be back with Scribble Picnic to join in on this week's "Toy" theme.  (You can click here to see the fun others came up with.) I tried to think of a toy that most people would have played with at some point in their lives. I'm thinking this works!

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I cannot use a yoyo for the life of me, I'd always end up getting bonked in the face trying to do some cool trick lol...I gave my boyfriend a set of 3 yoyos for his birthday a few years back, he loves them. And I know what you mean about routine. I'm a creature of habit and if I miss one day I feel like I can't get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I could make them go up and down okay, but my brother and son were the ones who could do all the tricks with them. I'll have to see if they still can!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen a YoYo in years ... I hope this younger generation isn't missing out on the fun of it ... and the skill :) I was never great with the YoYo, but loved playing with them. Great idea, Jolene ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to report that a first-grader brought one to school when I subbed recently. He didn't have any skill with it yet, but at least there's potential!

      Delete
  3. I really like this because as simple as your toy is, the drawing is not - it has motion and the hand is superb. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! I hesitated doing this at all because of needing to include a hand! There are certainly things I would change about it if I'd taken more time, but guess it turned out okay considering it was squeezed out just in time for the deadline. :-)

      Delete
  4. This brings back fun memories of my childhood, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it did that, Christine, and thanks!

      Delete
  5. I was so hoping someone would do a yoyo and you did and well at that too. Thank you so much, Jolene. Perfect toy addition here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There was a nice variety of toys drawn this week.

      Delete