Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Generosity

After missing a week, then having Thanksgiving week without a prompt, I almost forgot about getting anything drawn for Scribble Picnic. Oops! Just barely managed to get something done in time to link, using my watercolor pencils. This turned out to be a learning experience (which I'll need to practice more) for how to get white lettering on a solid background without painting over it. Obviously I didn't quite have my spacing all figured out either, but didn't have time to start over. That's okay--I think everyone gets the idea!

Check out other interpretations of "Generous" here, and remember to practice it year-round!
God Bless You for Your Generosity!

14 comments:

  1. I've seen these on the streets and there is always someone ringing the bell. this is perfect for the scribble theme. I like all the red.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I had hoped to include a bell, but the time issue got me!

      Delete
  2. I think your drawing is perfect. It looks exactly like the sign.

    We like to be generous to Salvation Army and the Rescue Mission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe not perfect ;-) but close enough anyway!
      There are so many good causes to support.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jolene :) I love the drawing! It reminds me of Christmas time in Montreal where I used to live. The Santas were at the corners of the big department stores downtown, collecting for the Salvation Army. :)

    PS: It MUST be the brand of silicone liners because your brand is okay and someone else mentioned "silpat" as being good too. Maybe I need to find a higher quality one to really compare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain. The bell ringers are part of Christmas now.

      Delete
  4. I love the Salvation Army and whenever the bell ringers are out I fill my pockets with dollar bills so I have something to give them. A perfect example of what generosity should be, Jolene and I agree, it is meant to be year around.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad when I don't have anything in my pocket to slip in, especially if it's a young person doing the ringing.

      Delete
  5. BINGO, you got it. What better way to show generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so easy to do-no check writing or mailing in, just add to the kettle!

      Delete
  6. You know, this was the first thing that I thought of too, but I decided to go another way. I really like the way this came out. I think I would resort to a white gel pen or posca paint pen myself for the lettering, but yours turned out quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip! I'll have to remember to look for the pens.

      Delete
  7. Great picture, Jolene, and I love seeing those darling little red kettles at this time of year. Salvation Army does so much. Well done drawing and wonderful interpretation, Jolene. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Michael. We tend to only think of them at Christmastime, while their work is year-round.

    ReplyDelete