Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Scribble, Emphasis on Scribble

     I needed to come up with an idea for a drawing to fill in the blank/negative space of
                         
for this week's Scribble Picnic. There was plenty of extra room on a sheet of paper from the blanket project, so I started scribbling ideas on it. Didn't originally intend do the "real" drawings on the same page, but that's where they landed. Nor was I going to post the top part of the page, but if I cut off the "scribbliest" part where I was practicing my initials, it would also cut off some of one of the more finished scribbles. So, you just get it all! I'm looking forward to seeing what others came up with here!

22 comments:

  1. Cute ideas and scribbles, perfect for scribble picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-can't go wrong when it's just scribbles!

      Delete
  2. I love where you went with this theme, thanks for showing all of your lovely ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The only way' is so wonderfully symbolic and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the first thing I thought of when seeing the shape.

      Delete
  4. A great collection of theme ideas, Jolene! I like the 'City at Night'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of good takes on the theme. I like the snowman idea the best.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-we had our first little flurry of snow for the season yesterday. Wonder when we'll get enough to build a snowman.

      Delete
  6. This is brainstorming at it's most creative. Wonderful thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) After the first one, they just kept coming!

      Delete
  7. Such great ideas - love the 'city at night'. Very creative - you took the theme and really ran with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks-they just kept coming after the first one!

      Delete
  8. Oh, you make me laugh ... so many ideas and all quite clever, but I love the faces at the end. It is fun to see how others arrive at their interpretations. This was fun, Jolene.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. We both had to get a cross in there, haha. That what I thought of first when I saw the second image given to us. The cross is the Bridge....hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you kept the whole page, Jolene, as I really love to see the thought process as you've shown here. Love the snowman but "the only way" and city are cool too. Well done! Oh and I had to smile at that comment about not intending to have it all on same paper. I do that all the time with my inktobers when inking in roughs and then think, let's jsut use this! It works. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael! When a sketch looks pretty decent, I sometimes fear it won't turn out as good if I try another one, so I just keep going with the original!

      Delete