Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Alaskan Wildlife

On our first day in Alaska (last summer), this eagle and a gorgeous blue sky welcomed us.

 -A lone Harbor Seal swimming up the Kenai Bay-
I named him Murphy!

Murphy stopped to smile for the camera!

-Some of the birds on Gull Island-
I think these are mostly Common Murres and some Pelagic Cormorants off to the right, but do you see the two Tufted Puffins?
 Papa Eagle watches over his family (that was in another tree) at Homer.

This was a cute squirrel, but he was really a thief after the contents of Laura's bird feeder!
 
-Steller Sea Lions slipping and sliding, and soaking up some sun in (I think) Resurrection Bay-

Seeing these animals and birds was great, but in part 2 of Alaska Wildlife, I'll show the ones that were my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment