Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sauce, Sauce, Applesauce!




You may or may not remember that last year we (and many surrounding us) had NO fruit from our trees because of a spring freeze. But this year is different! So far I've frozen applesauce, apple pie filling, and diced apples. I've also dried many, many apple slices. Next I plan to try to make some apple leather. We'll see how that turns out!
What other ways do YOU preserve apples?

6 comments:

  1. Apple butter! I made it in my giant crock pot last year and still have plenty for many years to come. Want a jar?

    Looks like you are doing a good job. I didn't can enough applesauce last year and my apples aren't looking near as nice this fall. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the words right out of my mouth Martha. Apple butter! Apple juice too, frozen for apple jelly later. Apple cider oh yea! Yummy. you sliced apples for pies look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So next time I come home, I'm expecting all sorts of apple goodness! And some to bring back here with me! :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks and sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do any of it... Not as domestic as all of you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, apples. How pretty is the tart!

    ReplyDelete