Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll find a little something extra to brighten your day, evoke a memory, or bring a smile. I love hearing from my visitors! I hope you'll check back for my replies to your comments. Have a blessed day!

Friday, September 22, 2006

A First

I sang at a funeral today. Okay, so technically I've sung at many funerals--with the rest of the congregation. But today, for the first time, I was the soloist at one. A couple of nice hymns-"His Eye Is on the Sparrow" and "Children of the Heavenly Father"-were selected by the family of Don VanDorn, who lived all his life in the Swede settlement here, except the last few years he was in a care home. We're also related, cousins a few generations or so back I think, to the VanDorns.

"I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being." Psalm 104:33

No comments:

Post a Comment